Pages

26.6.03

simple happiness

Well, even as I threatened with departure, New Zealand was good to me until the end. I spent my last night in Wellington, catching a cast discussion of the movie "Whale Rider" at Te Papa, then enjoying the unseasonably mild winter's night walking around the harbor and city streets. Instead of paying for a hostel the night before I left (since I needed to be at the airport around 3 am anyway) I went right to the airport to wait 10 hours for my flight. I like a bit of self-torturing adventure.


After 36 draining hours in the same clothing (and shoes!), I am safely and contentedly in Cairns. The weather is brilliant. Sunsets knock me off my feet. I'm staying in a little oasis right in the city center. Tuesday I'll head off in a southerly direction, hopefully stopping off to do some wwoofing before relaxing again at Mission beach.


No spider sightings yet. Everyone keep up the happy thoughts.

No comments: