Pages

25.9.03

It's Been Awhile

So I've been a long way since I wrote last. What I mean is a great distance has been covered. Also, I'm a year older. Funny how that all happens in a day here. No build up. No celebration. Just a passing. Just a calender mark off. Just a day closer to home.


I spent a lovely week in Melbourne with Ross and Yoko. We ate good food, met good people, danced. Ross and I walked to Middle Park and took photos outside the house where we were babies. It was a beautiful day. For all the reasons a day can be.


Today was the Great Ocean Road. It is all those things. The wind blows with amazing force along the Southern tip of this country. It's like being hit in the face with Antarctica. The shrubs are low and clustered. They all have a hard shell, but beneath it they are fragrant and soft plants. Very familiar. The combination of the salty, wet breeze, the unending expanse of ocean, the fierce vegetation, the screaming of the wind all made me think of Winter Harbor, a Northern Hemisphere mirror of this very shore.

No comments: