Pages

3.2.09

I was attacked with hugs by Fritha and Rowan when the bus arrived in Hastings. It has been so good to be with family and I find that extending beyond the two of them to everyone who calls the farm home. Right now Fritha, Rowan, Kelli and Katrina have all moved into the main house. David has been MIA since I arrived, but we hope he'll be home from Auckland soon.

Almost as soon as I arrived I fell hopelessly ill. There were several days when I couldn't even make it out of bed and found myself so well cared for by Fritha and Rowan. I am still not completely recovered. I can trick myself into thinking I'm well but then a wave of dizziness or nausea will creep up on me and I'm off my feet again. This has made it difficult to fully appreciate the scale and wonder of the farm but I have been exploring slowly. There are more fruit trees than I could imagine or locate. So far I've found plum, grapefruit, avocado, orange, olive, pear, apple, feijoa, tamarillo and fig. Some of the harvests I've already missed but many of the trees are still bearing or ripening fruit. As soon as my camera comes back from being repaired in Auckland I will have lots of photos to post.

We are in the midst of doing significant work in and around the main house. Tomorrow the new satellite internet is going in, about which I am thrilled. It has been an hour long process just to send an email and I am looking forward to being more connected.

Until then...

No comments: