Pages

22.7.03

Into the woods
To get the thing
That makes it worth
The journeying.


Not quite out of the woods with this sickness yet, but I'm getting there. From Bargara I travelled south to Mooloolaba. I stayed the for three nights as it was another good place to rest and they gave me my own room (it's good to be a travel agent). I took a day trip to Noosa, which is lovely. It reminds me of Winter Park (where I used to live in Florida). Unfortunately if you don't have a gold card there isn't a ton to do. Couple this day with my rereading of The Orchid Thief and you've got me feeling a bit homesick for Florida, something I never thought I'd be.


On the way out of Mooloolaba we stopped at an animal sanctuary. There were sweet, sleepy little koalas, some with babies in their pouches, wombats pacing in their enclosure and red kangas, some also with joeys in pouches. We got to hand feed them, which was really special. They look so reminiscent of my little kitty! I guess that's why I named him "Kangaroo Paw".


I've stayed the past two nights in Nimbin, which is a really relaxed and beautiful place to chill out. It's called the drug capital of Australia (humourous with their population of about 200). Last night when I went out, after being offered dime bags from four people from the age of 60 down to 10, I saw why. Regardless, it is a great community with a candle factory, interesting book store, wonderful organic cafes and a spectacular sunrise view from my bedroom window. Tomorrow I head south again...

No comments: