Pages

1.8.03

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

I'm a nanny again.


Last night whilst I was wandering around the foyer of the YHA I spotted a handwritten want-ad. It requested IMMEDIATE assistance on the homefront. I grabbed it, called first thing in the morning, met with the family mid-day and left early afternoon with a job! There are two beautiful girls; Holly (4) and Cassie (1). Simone is also about 35 weeks pregnant with a third child. I'll be living with them in Leura, a charming village in the Blue Mountains next to Katoomba, for three to five weeks. I'm actually excited at the whole prospect. I'll be on a routine, making money, living with a lovely family, spending time with children, exploring the Blue Mountains at a leisurely pace, experiencing the real Australia. These are all good things.


Tonight I went to have a listen of Jodi Martin. She's a folk singer from Ceduna (one of the prime spots to witness the solar eclipse that happened earlier this year). I thought she was really talented. She plays a variety of stringed instruments and I was impressed with her skill. She's a wonderful songwriter, but her lyrics were sometimes lacking. You know that annoying habit Alanis has of mushing words into a line so brimming with syllables that thoughts are seeping out uncontrollably? Jodi does that sometimes. It always throws me off when a singer does that. It was so nice to be at a folk concert though. Comfortable. Familiar.

No comments: