Pages

31.12.03

I think your darkest days
Should have some light this year
I think you should stay right here
With your fire, with your soul
You shouldn't have to go
.


Shauna welcomed me to New York at eleven pm sunday with a pitcher of margaritas. It was a long night.


I spent a brilliant day in New York with Darling Dorothy. We wandered around the city and were generally directionless. Stopped here and there for bites, sips and browsing. Even though I've been back in the country for almost three weeks she was the first to make me feel like I was welcomed home. Like, "this is familiar. I remember being with you and this is how it's always felt."


We met up with John, then Maria, then Bill and together terrorized the streets, trying to break into closed buildings, seeing a movie about killer lesbians, screaming in the streets and laughing and laughing and laughing. It was absolute therapy.


I also got to see Karolyn, which I have been dreaming about for months. It was the best hug I've had in ages. She is as gorgeous, insightful and funny as ever and I wished I could spend the week with her!


Right now I'm helping Fritha move. We are making huge progress and it's a unique way to spend new year's eve. It is definitely making a transition.


Hope everyone is well.

No comments: