Pages

8.10.04

This is a quick update. We are safely in St Petersburg, enjoy mild weather as we wander through the city centre. We took an overnight bus from Tallinn, Estonia and crossed the border early this morning. It was uneventful and we weren't questioned at all by the border guards.

Our hostel is... interesting. The hallway walls are a strange pepto bismol colour with what looks like a spitball accent. As in all of Russia we were advised not to drink the water and I spent my shower with lips tightly pursed, trying to dodge drops.

St Petersburg is just like any other European city, Kip commented. And, aside from the confusion of cyrillic signs always in our vision, that is true. I am feeling comfortable and safe, not to mention a lot warmer than I had intended. We are doing well, navigating the city and the metro. This is due mainly to Kip's organization. I tend to just instinctually choose my direction, but she is much more sensible!

We are going to visit the Hermitage tomorrow and head to Moscow the following day.

No comments: