Pages

25.11.03

I suppose I should write something.

I'm feeling a tad lethargic and just want to die, basically. But FYI I made it safely out of Cambodia. I took a minibus that was meant to arrive at the border in 4-5 hours, but took 7. When we did arrive in the shadows of the afternoon we were completely saturated in red dust. Now I know, it doesn't sound like something that's possible; to be saturated in DUST. But I have showered twice since I got to Bangkok and my pores retain the earth. I have cleaned my ears with two dozen cotton swabs, but they still come out covered in a rouge clay-like dirt. If I run my hands through my hair there is dirt under my fingernails. Pray for my skin, it may be too late for the clothes (Yes, Kip, it was THAT shirt. We shall see) I was wearing that day, but let's hope I do not hold this ruddy complexion.


So, back in Bangkok. The worst place to arrive feeling dirty, because it excels at making you feel nasty whatever your state. Hopefully Ross will get back from Ayutthaya today and I will get to see him one more time before I fly out to London tomorrow. He has knicked my Thai Airways blanket and I do intend to retrieve it.


I am out of money and surviving on cantaloupe chewing gum and water. It's a good life.

No comments: